Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
My husband and I have been married for 51 years. We are both retired. He loves to garden and read. I like to do those things too but still need to do something interesting and keep my brain active. I have been selling online since 2002. I really like selling over the internet and reading and writing on the blogs as you can talk to many nice people. I also sell in order to supplement our income as day-to-day living expenses. I have a grown daughter who owns a painting business, Painters Extraordinaire II, in Chicago, IL. I also have two dogs(Lady and Corky) and a cat named Bonnie.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring?

Well, for the next few days it looks like spring has arrived.  I say that with crossed fingers as it seems to have come and gone a few times now and it hasn't been official spring for a month yet.   Of course when you live in Illinois it really doesn't come as a big surprise.  No day is ever the same here. 

Anyway I have had a few ups and downs myself lately.  I was starting to feel pretty spry when of all things I slipped and twisted my foot and knee and fell on my tailbone.  If you have ever done the tailbone thing you know how really painful it is.  I don't know which was worse my last stomach operation on this tailbone thing.  Unfortunately it is one of those things that has no standard healing time.  At least my x-rays didn't show a break.  I am starting to feel a little better and can at least bend a little.  Hopefully it will be healed soon.

Also got new glasses.  I don't know why they have gone up to the stratosphere in cost but man they have in just a couple of years.  I did add the treatment to the lenses where they darken when you go outside as I have lost so many of the clip-ons and those things are cheap either.  This procedure has gone from $50 to $80 in 2 years.  Wow!  If you're on a fixed budget they can do a number to your bank account even after insurance pays.  I pity the person who doesn't have eye insurance. 

My daughter is coming down to visit her old parents this Easter weekend.  This will be the first time she has gotten her chocolate Easter bunny on Easter for a long time.  He dad has gotten her one since she was born and still gets her one.  He always puts it in the freezer to keep it for her whenever she gets down. 

One thing that's not so great - sales in my stores have really fallen off lately.  I don't know why everyone isn't purchasing but they sure aren't in my stores.  I have even put some stuff on Ebay and that has been slow.  Hardly anything selling there either.  So if you need anything please check out my stores.  I'm grateful for all sales.

Have a very Happy Easter.  At least the weather is supposed to be great and the kids can have a great time hunting eggs. 

Bye for now - Love to all.

No comments: