Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
My husband and I have been married for 51 years. We are both retired. He loves to garden and read. I like to do those things too but still need to do something interesting and keep my brain active. I have been selling online since 2002. I really like selling over the internet and reading and writing on the blogs as you can talk to many nice people. I also sell in order to supplement our income as day-to-day living expenses. I have a grown daughter who owns a painting business, Painters Extraordinaire II, in Chicago, IL. I also have two dogs(Lady and Corky) and a cat named Bonnie.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Almost July 4th already.....

My oh my how the time flies.  I can't believe it is July (especially with the 70 degree weather).

I haven't blogged in a while as I have been extremely busy getting ready to go to the hospital, going to the hospital, having stomach hernia surgery, being held captive in the hospital and now home, sweet home.

As you can probably tell I hate hospitals.  Haven't ever been except when my 48 (almost 49) year old daughter was born and now 3 surgeries in 4 years.   One was on my foot but the surgery wasn't any less painful - maybe more so.  The first was in 2010 for my stomach that was behind my heart and now these hernias probably caused by the other surgery.

I do not like staying in the hospital.   If everything could be outpatient I wouldn't have such a problem.  My mom was in and out of the hospital for around 9 years when I was a kid until she died when I was 13.   Anyway I don't know if that is what makes me so intolerant of them but I doubt it helped.

Anyway I get very sore when I lay in those beds.  My bottom hurts, I can't move my legs much because they have those things that squeeze and let them go so I don't get any more blood clots.    I keep checking my legs all the time as I am paranoid.  Can't get comfortable no matter if I raise or lower the bed or anything.  My bed at home is so comfy I don't have a problem staying in it.  If only we could take our beds to the hospital to sleep in.  Ha Ha as if.  It does sound right though.  You would think they would make them more comfortable so the patient would want to stay longer. Right!!!

Hope you have a great 4th.  They have already started shooting off firecrackers in our area.  So happy that our dogs are not afraid of the noise.  It makes the noise a little more bearable.

Anyway that's my wonderful weekend.  Hope yours was better.  God bless.


1 comment:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Glad you are out of the hospital. I wish you a quick recovery. My poor male is deadly afraid of thunder. Not sure about fireworks.