Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
My husband and I have been married for 51 years. We are both retired. He loves to garden and read. I like to do those things too but still need to do something interesting and keep my brain active. I have been selling online since 2002. I really like selling over the internet and reading and writing on the blogs as you can talk to many nice people. I also sell in order to supplement our income as day-to-day living expenses. I have a grown daughter who owns a painting business, Painters Extraordinaire II, in Chicago, IL. I also have two dogs(Lady and Corky) and a cat named Bonnie.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Spring....

Well, it finally feels like spring has arrived.  76 degrees today which is outstanding.  Going to be going back into the 50s though by the end of the week.  Oh, well, better than the 20s and 30s. 

April is also a slow month for me selling online.  Between everyone getting ready for Easter and all the other things that come with the spring, not much buying, at least from my stores. 

Going to get the porch roof fixed which will set us back a few coins too.   Hopefully they fix it right and we don't have anymore problems with it.  That's the problem when you buy an old home there are always things that need to be fixed. 

My hubby and I got some things planted - a weeping spruce in front of the house and a small flowering tree in back.  We also had to move a Hydrangea from where we planted the new spruce to the back in a mostly shady area.  Last year the hot dry summer almost killed a lot of our Hydrangeas even though we watered as many times a week as we could.  Hopefully this year at least we will have more rain. 

Well, will write again soon.  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

We have had 80s and 90s down here but have had some cool weather, too. Glad I am not further south as I am sure they are having 90s and 100s down there. Love San Antonio.