Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
My husband and I have been married for 51 years. We are both retired. He loves to garden and read. I like to do those things too but still need to do something interesting and keep my brain active. I have been selling online since 2002. I really like selling over the internet and reading and writing on the blogs as you can talk to many nice people. I also sell in order to supplement our income as day-to-day living expenses. I have a grown daughter who owns a painting business, Painters Extraordinaire II, in Chicago, IL. I also have two dogs(Lady and Corky) and a cat named Bonnie.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rain, Rain and More Rain......

This time last year it was extremely warm and no rain almost the whole spring and summer.  Now we come to this year and all it has done is rain and seems like it is never going to stop.  Feast or famine in Illinois.  I also wish it would start to warm up a little as I am ready to wear less clothes and sandals.  Not that at my age I go too far with the less clothes bit.  Anyway that's my gripe for this week. 

Did I say my gripe - I mean my gripe(s).   Another is with all the rain our porch roof is very bad and needs to be repaired but when can they work on it.  We also might have a couple of leaks in the roof itself as there are some new small water stains in the roof of the kitchen and dining room.  I sure hope we don't have to replace the house roof as I don't know where the money for that will come from.  Sales have been really slow this month and even if they weren't I really don't make enough to cover a new roof.   Man sure could use a lotto win but you have to play to win and I hardly ever do.

Anyway enough of that.  We took lady to get her spring cut and I will add some before and after pictures to the end of this post so you can see how pretty she is.  I think we will just keep her cut all year round as her hair is so fine and silky that it gets on things worse than our two cat's hair.  She sure is a cutie though.   Corky doesn't really have to get one but we sometimes have him cut if the weather is extremely hot like last year.

Does anyone know why Daffodils do not bloom.  We have hundreds of plants that come up every year, they get really tall and green but they never bloom.  I just don't understand it as all our neighbors Daffodils have bloomed.  It makes me so ticked.

That's about all the news I have for this post as with the weather and everything haven't really done much of anything.  Hopefully that will change soon and we can at least get out and walk more or whatever we want to do.

Hope everyone who reads my blog is having a better spring than me.  If you are don't tell me as I would probably scream.  Thanks for the read.  Later.

Here's my cutie:

Before

After

No comments: